Saturday, February 19, 2011

Laid back V-day

Little late, but I want to share our Valentine's Day!

Instead of making a bigger deal out of it now that we're married, we decided to forgo the traffic and restaurant wait and just stay in.  (Last year was a disaster; made a reservation and still had to wait another 45 min.)

When Simon got home from work, we exchanged presents.  I bought him a dice bag and dice from Dragon Chow and made him a Mario card:





He gave me a moving "butterfly" in a jar from Think Geek, my very first "wife" card, and roses!





For dinner we just ordered a bunch of Chinese appetizers.  For dessert...fondue!  We got a set for our wedding.  The dip was milk, white, and German chocolates; heavy cream; Bailey's and Godiva White Chocolate liqueur.  In it we dipped brownies, pound cake, bananas, and marshmallows.  Oh.  My.  GODS.  So good.



Then we watched some "Angel" and "Firefly."  A very Whedon night.  ;)  All in all one of the loveliest and most relaxing Valentine's Days I've had!

No comments:

Post a Comment