Thursday, November 19, 2009

Upside of tonight, may have found a makeup and hair lady for the wedding

I love serendipity. I was waiting for my self-defense class to start, and my sensei was asking about my upcoming wedding. A woman waiting for her daughter to finish her class overheard and offered her hair and makeup services. She'll come to my home (which is in the same town as her) or the wedding site. She doesn't work for a salon, so she costs a lot less. She gave me her business card and offered a trial whenever I'd like.

So excited! That's one thing I really hadn't researched yet, and it sort of fell in my lap. I was thinking on-site, but we only have two hours at the location before the wedding and I want to do pictures then, so maybe it would be better if she just came to my house and did it there. She also offers facials, which I need to help clear up my horrible acne before the big day. Whatever isn't perfect by then can be covered up with her cosmetic expertise.

I may have hit a standstill in the wedding planning, but there are so many little things I keep realizing still need to be done. Transportation, makeup, hair, cake...okay, that's pretty much all I haven't planned for sure yet. And I do have 11 months left. But I know it's all going to sneak up on me! There are many things left that I have picked out, but haven't ordered yet, because I don't want it all sitting around the house for almost a year; invitations, programs, centerpieces, silk flower bouquets and boutonnieres, ceremony décor, bridesmaids' dresses and shoes, jewelry for myself and the bridesmaids, etc. etc. etc.

I can only look at so many different designs and such before making up my mind and leaving it there. I refuse to keep going back over these things lest I change my mind. Or at least, I try not to, as I almost changed my bridesmaids' dress on them, before they talked me out of it. I like having everything neat and wrapped up. My gown is on the way. My shoes are in my closet. Now I just need to calm down and wait for the rest of it to happen...and I hate waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment