Thursday, February 11, 2010

So my cousin's destination wedding that's 6 months after our honeymoon is in Cozumel, Mexico, directly south of our honeymoon, same resort

It figures.  Right after Simon and I finish booking and paying for our honeymoon, I get a save-the-date from my recently engaged cousin.  They’re having a destination wedding in Cozumel, Mexico, just south of our honeymoon in Cancun, in the same resort family, six months after we get back.

Now, I am very excited for her, especially since she’s over 40 and thrilled to death to finally be getting married.  I can hardly blame her for wanting to go all out.  This is just gonna get expensive!  Obviously, I could say no, but technically we have the money, and it’s my dad’s side of the family, which I never get to see because they live on the other side of the country.  And of course, she gave us plenty of head’s up, as the wedding is in April 2011.

It just figures.  ;)

Simon wonders if we should try to change our honeymoon to her wedding date, but I’m selfish and don’t want to share my honeymoon.  He agreed with my reasons; I’m going to want to see my family while we’re in Cozumel, while on our honeymoon I barely want to be anywhere but bed or the pool!  I’ve never even taken one tropical vacation before, never been to an all-inclusive resort, and now I’m going to two in six months.  Luckily, that means if I’m not at my ultimate goal weight by our honeymoon (which I doubt I will be), I sure as heck can be by that April!  Woo hoo bathing suits!

So that’s my “oh goodness” moment of the week.  What were the chances?

No comments:

Post a Comment