Thursday, February 18, 2010

Yay my uncle's okay and out of the hospital, no surgery needed!

Well, this has been a nerve-wracking week.  My aunt Rena was my mother’s older sister.  She’s the only one left in their immediate family.  She and her husband Aaron have been my parents since I lost my own.  The night I got engaged, I called them and asked Uncle Aaron to walk me down the aisle.

He recently became ill and ended up in the hospital.  He was going to need surgery if he didn’t get better.  I was so nervous to lose another parent.  I know it sounds selfish, but I was petrified that I’d lose him too.  I need him at my wedding.

Luckily, I found out Wednesday morning that he was out of the hospital and doing much better.  I am SO relieved!  My aunt has lost so many people, and this would have just destroyed her.  And now I have him healthy and whole to walk me down the aisle!

No comments:

Post a Comment