Thursday, February 25, 2010

7 months 2 weeks and 2 days till I marry Simon!

It may seem like a long way off, but it’s getting closer!  We’re pretty much at the halfway mark in our long engagement, or getting close at least.  Okay, I did the math, we’ll be halfway in another month.  Still…time flies! 
I feel like not much is getting done at the moment, again.  I also think I need to take stock soon and figure out EXACTLY what I have left.  Maybe you all can help me?
Done:
Venue booked (comes with caterer), deposit paid
Photographer booked, deposit paid
Videographer booked, deposit paid
Baker booked, cake designed, deposit paid
Honeymoon booked and paid in full (flights and resort)
Engagement announcements sent
Save-the-dates, thank-you cards, wedding announcements purchased
Half of the favors purchased (pens)
Bridal and bridesmaid jewelry purchased
Ceremony musician booked (a friend)
Officiant booked (a family member)
Lighting designer booked, deposit paid
Reception furniture researched
Decorations and silk flowers picked out
Wedding gown tentatively picked out
Bridesmaids’ dresses picked out
Bridal shoes purchased
Rehearsal dinner venue tentatively picked out
 
Whew!  Here’s what’s left:
Finish paying all booked vendors
View reception furniture in showroom and make final decision
Send save-the-dates
Design and print invitations
Purchase the other half of the favors (donations to the American Cancer Society)
Figure out how we’re getting a keyboard to the venue and who has one
Purchase bridesmaids’ dresses and shoes and groomsmen’s ties
Get my cousin ordained online so she can officiate
Purchase decorations and silk flowers, put together décor and bouquets
Decide on and purchase bridal party and parent gifts
Research and book our rehearsal dinner venue
Pick out and purchase wedding rings
Find and book wedding day transportation
Find and book a hair stylist and makeup artist (I have one in mind)
Finalize and purchase my wedding gown (waiting until July pending weight loss)
Meet with caterer to do tasting and finalize menu
Create iPod playlist to play during the reception
Purchase an instant camera for guest pictures
 
Okay, that second list looks really long.  The good thing is most things are DECIDED, just not DONE.  I feel like the biggies, invitations and gown, are looming over my head.  Other biggies, like transportation and caterer, also have me worried but don’t need much time really.  Basically, I need to finish cleaning my craft room at home and purchase everything I can buy ahead of time so that it’s DONE.  Weekend project,  I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment