Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Obviously, 2010 was an awesome year for us.  I really wanted to celebrate in style, but money is a little tight these days with two trips coming up.  I devised a plan for a fancy night in for the two of us, and kept Simon in the dark!

I cooked all day to prepare the meal, then at 7:45 asked him to get dressed...in a suit.  :)  I put on an evening gown, and we dined on...

Roast beef tenderloin stuffed with red peppers and onions, roasted garlic potatoes, and apple, cranberry, walnut, and bleu cheese salad:









For dessert, I presented strawberry cheesecake trifle:




Needless to say, we were stuffed.

I then led him to the living room where I had set up the camera on a tripod, and set the timer to take some pictures of us.  Here are a couple of the better ones:




And of course, the one with our photo-bombing cat.  :P



We then danced in the living room to a playlist I had made for the evening.  Around 10 pm we changed back into comfy clothes, and sipped champagne while watching the movie "Easy A."  We watched the ball drop in Times Square and kissed and toasted the new year.

It was a perfect night.  All the romance and elegance of a fancy night out, at a much lower cost in the comfort of our own home.  No crowds, no driving.

Happy new year, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment