Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dammit forgot to do save-the-dates this weekend. Argh, fail.

That’s right, I’m finally BEHIND on something!  I know I’m not late for the usual save-the-date deadline, but with so many out-of-town guests, I wanted to get them out ASAP.  But with test-driving a motorcycle on Saturday (which we put a down payment on!) and running in my first 5k on Sunday, I was a little busy.


So now I’m past the 6-month mark.  Less than 6 months till my wedding now.  I need to send out those save-the-dates, but my weekday schedule leaves little time for that so it looks like this weekend will be the time to do it.  I also need to get back to the furniture rental company and set up an appointment to view the couches.  Those are my immediate concerns.


Next on the list are setting up wedding day car service, calling the hair and makeup woman I have a business card for, contacting the caterer with my food choices, sending sheet music to my pianist, ordering invitations and programs, and booking the rehearsal dinner.  Whew!  I need all that done before July, which sounds far away, but totally isn’t.


July, the 3-month mark, has its own huge list of to-dos.  I don’t even want to think about those right now.  In other news, I’ve still got 30 lbs. to lose, I changed my mind on my dress AGAIN (back to LilyWedding.com as LightInTheBox.com never responded to my questions), and I’m still having wedding nightmares.  The most recent one involved my dress not being tailored in time and having to go to a store and buy one off the rack the day before my wedding.  I don’t know why I’m so paranoid about my wedding when asleep, and fairly optimistic when awake.  I can’t imagine I’m going to sleep well the month before the wedding.

Like most brides, I’m excited, yet terrified I won’t be able to pull it off.  This is SO much work!

No comments:

Post a Comment