Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm like a mom on prom night. This is just too cute.

So Simon has officially experienced that male rite of passage: the bachelor party. Saturday night, he and four friends piled into a stretch limo and drank the night away. They got booze on the way and drank in the limo...they went to Dave and Buster's and drank and gamed...they went to a strip club and drank and, well, YOU know...they got back in the limo and drank...they came home and drank.


I should mention that Simon pretty much NEVER drinks. He stumbled into our bedroom at 3 am and declared, “I am SO...BEYOND drunk right now.” Needless to say, he had a great night.

And needless to say, he was sick the whole next day. ;) Poor guy! But he had a blast! And yes I was fine with the strip club and told them all so beforehand. Once you've been to one yourself, it's hard to have that much of a problem with them. They're really not that big of a deal!

Finally. I've heard from every guest in one way or another. 59 out of 103 people are coming to our wedding. So that's about a 57% acceptance rate. I was hoping for about 60, but even of those 59 there's two or three maybe's. Oh well, better than the 50 I was expecting! A few of Simon's out of state relatives that he hasn't seen in decades surprised us by saying they're coming. A lot of my dad's side of the family can't make it because they all live out west and can't afford to come to Boston for my wedding AND go to Mexico next April for my cousin's destination wedding. Disappointing, but understandable, and I'll see them all at her wedding.

So of course that saves us some money, 63 isn't a lot. And since we're having an hors d'ouevre reception, if the final count is off by a couple, it's not as big of a deal. I'm sure what food there will be will get eaten! Our cake is for 70 people, since that was the smallest number you can get with three tiers. Simon wants any leftovers. ;)

We're getting there! Final details time, just a few weeks left! And Oct. 2, MY bachelorette party, woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment