Thursday, September 30, 2010

12 days till I get married. Go away cold, please? *cough, sniffle*

As the countdown gets closer and closer, more and more things go wrong. Of course, right?

I have my second cold in a month, when my last one was YEARS ago. My cat missed a jump onto my chair and got my neck instead, resulting in a puncture and 4 scratches down the left side of my neck and shoulder. OUCH. And wedding guests are canceling left and right; they have legitimate reasons, but it sucks. Okay, so I only lost 3, but still. I have less than 60 guests anyways, and it's Simon's relatives canceling, which there are few enough of as it is.

All I can do is breathe and try to make things better. I'm treating my cold the best I can, and it's slowly fading. I slather Neosporin on my shoulder three times a day and my cuts are healing. Nothing I can do about canceling guests.

Even as things go wrong, I'm finally more excited than stressed about my wedding. ;)

After the disaster that was my reception dress, I went shopping. Simon went with me to Burlington Mall and we must have gone into 8 stores. Not a single white dress to be seen. The next day I went to two wedding shops, neither of which had anything in my size in stock. Then Goodwill, which had nothing. I gave up at that point. I wasn't dragging myself to any more stores.

My back-up plan was dresses from PacificPlex.com. I got my rehearsal dinner dress from them:



They have a huge selection of gowns, many in multiple colors, including white. I hadn't wanted to get another dress online, in case that didn't work out either, but Simon suggested I buy two or three and return what I don't choose. Good idea! I only really liked two of them, so I ordered them on Thursday, they shipped on Friday, and arrived on Monday. Very nice for standard shipping.

I tried on both when they arrived. It's good that I ordered two, as the first one was immediately wrong. It's the one Iwanted to like, all fairy-like and handkerchief-hemmed. So cute. But the bust lining ended like three inches too high and you could see the line across my chest through the thin white fabric. The skirt was just a tad too long and the style is almost impossible to hem. The back zipper bunched up over my butt. It just didn't work at all.

I was nervous about the second dress, I didn't think it would look good on me. Luckily, it did! I was so excited. I really really love it.




I just took it to a tailor to hem it and attach the optional straps it came with. I'll have it back the Wednesday before the wedding. I feel so pretty in it, and it's LOADS lighter than my gown. Best of both worlds!

Then we got to have our final meeting with our wedding photographer, Lisa Rigby. I chose her because she did my cousin's wedding, the same cousin who's officiating mine. She's older than me and has great taste, so I'm glad I took her advice and hired Lisa! And that I did it early. She has EIGHT weddings this month. She got three inquiries for our wedding date after we booked her. So, yeah. Pretty psyched. She's ours. ;)

The meeting was to go over the day-of schedule and portraits list. That probably would have taken 15 min. total. The other hour we were there was pure chatting. She is super sweet and we have tons in common with her. We must have talked about our cats for half an hour alone! It's really a sign of a good vendor when you feel like you're their friend. I have a really good feeling about our wedding photos.

It's almost that time folks! OMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment