I call it our "minus 1-year anniversary." I left a note in Simon's car this morning to commemorate it:
"One year from today...I will be your wife. And nothing could make me happier. Love, Squeebee."
I know, cheesey, but heartfelt! And to continue the cheesiness, here are some of the reasons why I want to be Mrs. Simon Nelson:
- He makes me laugh at all the right times.
- He takes care of me when I'm sick, and stays up with me when I'm too sick to sleep.
- He does WAY more than his share of the housework (which I need to fix, I know).
- He loves animals almost as much as I do.
- He gives the BEST hugs and kisses.
- He rides a motorcycle...and lets me tag along!
- He's perfectly okay with us occassionally spending an entire day playing WoW and not leaving the house.
- He's dead sexy (but don't tell him I said it, he'll get embarassed!).
- His arms are the safest place in the world.
- He is a total gentleman.
- His smile makes my day.
- I never get sick of him.
- We almost never fight.
- He goes to bed early with me even when he's not tired, just so I don't have to fall asleep alone.
- He encourages me to better myself, and never berates me when I fail.
- He always picks me up when I fall.
- He's still fascinated by how little I am, and thinks it's SO cute.
- He lifts heavy things for me. And gets stuff off the top shelf.
- He likes my cooking.
- He fixes stuff.
- He thinks I'm beautiful just the way I am, but still notices when I dress up and wear makeup.
- He agrees with my political rants.
- I can talk about anything with him. Even embarassing stuff.
- He does cute things like sending me flowers and other surprises.
But most of all...
He actually wants to marry ME!
There are many more reasons, some I can't think of right now, some that are a little too personal, but all I can say is that in one year, I will be marrying the love of my life. It doesn't get much better than that!