Friday, October 9, 2009

Minus 1-year anniversary

Today has been a good day so far.  I found out I'm still getting a raise this year.  There was pumpkin spice coffee in the break room.  But most of all...today is one year until our wedding.

I call it our "minus 1-year anniversary."  I left a note in Simon's car this morning to commemorate it:

"One year from today...I will be your wife.  And nothing could make me happier.  Love, Squeebee."

I know, cheesey, but heartfelt!  And to continue the cheesiness, here are some of the reasons why I want to be Mrs. Simon Nelson:
  • He makes me laugh at all the right times.
  • He takes care of me when I'm sick, and stays up with me when I'm too sick to sleep.
  • He does WAY more than his share of the housework (which I need to fix,  I know).
  • He loves animals almost as much as I do.
  • He gives the BEST hugs and kisses.
  • He rides a motorcycle...and lets me tag along!
  • He's perfectly okay with us occassionally spending an entire day playing WoW and not leaving the house.
  • He's dead sexy (but don't tell him I said it, he'll get embarassed!).
  • His arms are the safest place in the world.
  • He is a total gentleman.
  • His smile makes my day.
  • I never get sick of him.
  • We almost never fight.
  • He goes to bed early with me even when he's not tired, just so I don't have to fall asleep alone.
  • He encourages me to better myself, and never berates me when I fail.
  • He always picks me up when I fall.
  • He's still fascinated by how little I am, and thinks it's SO cute.
  • He lifts heavy things for me.  And gets stuff off the top shelf.
  • He likes my cooking.
  • He fixes stuff.
  • He thinks I'm beautiful just the way I am, but still notices when I dress up and wear makeup.
  • He agrees with my political rants.
  • I can talk about anything with him.  Even embarassing stuff.
  • He does cute things like sending me flowers and other surprises.

But most of all...

He actually wants to marry ME!

There are many more reasons, some I can't think of right now, some that are a little too personal, but all I can say is that in one year, I will be marrying the love of my life.  It doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment