Thursday, October 8, 2009

More dress drama

Okay, not drama really, but I go back and forth so much it's ridiculous.

So Darcy and I are going to David's Bridal this Sunday, which should finally help me clear up what looks best on me.  In the meantime, I'm still looking, of course, and came back to a dress on Lily Wedding that I loved when I first started looking at the site.  This dress is shown in white and navy:







































They give the option to get it in ivory, which I want, but navy obviously doesn't fit our color scheme, so I was curious as to whether they can change that as well.  In typical Lily Wedding fashion, of course they can!  I was psyched to hear that.

So here's the question...with these as our bridesmaids' dresses:


 ...which color should I get the panel and trim in if I get that wedding gown above?  Latte, claret, or gold?

I feel like if I get claret or gold, the other color will look out of place on the bridesmaids.  However, I'm not sure dark brown is very appropriate for a bridal gown accent (I don't hate the idea though).

Just curious on opinions.  I've liked that dress for so long, makes me wonder if I'll end up getting it.  It's only $278 too.  =)

Update: My bridal buddy @msrib showed me this dress on David's Bridal that's similar so I could preview the color combos:









I'd still obviously want the main part to be ivory, and the colors above are only approximate, but I think I kind of like the brown!  Very elegant and different.

2 comments:

  1. I love that wedding gown!
    I think late, it will look great with your coloring and the bridesmaids' gowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was thinking it went well with my coloring (Italian) too. And it's just different enough without being off the wall. ;)

    ReplyDelete